Why work with St Barbara
St Barbara is an innovative and successful gold producer and explorer with operations in Australia, Papua New Guinea and Canada.
We have exploration teams breaking ground throughout Australia, Papua New Guinea and Canada, and a dedicated team of professionals supporting the operations in Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane. We have an exciting pipeline of growth opportunities setting St Barbara up to be stronger for longer.
“This is a successful company by almost every external measure. From within, this is not hard to understand. My peers and managers are strongly supportive, very knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. There is a very strong understanding of what we are here to do.”
Anonymous (Employee Engagement Survey, 2017)
We value diversity at St Barbara as it brings a diversity of perspective and experience. With roles in fields varying from geology to community relations to accountants and procurement specialists there something for everyone at St Barbara. No matter your field of expertise, you will have the opportunity to make a difference and be part of St Barbara’s continued success.
From the moment you begin your journey with St Barbara, you will be respected, valued and set up on a path of success. Benefits offered to employees include:
- Remuneration set at market competitive levels by using industry benchmarking data
- The potential for all employees to earn performance based incentives
- For our Australian employees, the ability to salary sacrifice additional superannuation contributions, novated vehicle leases and, for our Leonora FIFO employees, the opportunity to salary sacrifice car parking costs at Perth Airport when travelling to site.
- Australian employees can elect to become a member of the St Barbara Superannuation Plan. Members of the plan will have their Salary Continuance Insurance premium and Death and Total and Permanent Disability Insurance premiums paid by the Company
- A structured Work Performance System that incorporates training and development plans for all employees
- A number of internal development programs including a Mentoring Program, Leadership Development Programs, Leadership Essentials Series and, as part of our commitment to diversity, a Women’s Internal Network
- The ability to further your career through the funding of Study Assistance for formal accredited courses of study and payment of Professional Memberships
- Because safety is at the heart of all that we do, we fund employees completing their first aid certification
- Access to St Barbara’s award winning Parental Leave provisions and attractive return to work incentives which, for our Australian employees, includes a top up of your superannuation and annual leave when returning within 12 months
- Generous leave provisions including above standard Long Services leave of 13 weeks for 10 years of service for our Australian employees and Special Leave provisions for volunteering, emergency services, defence force, and domestic violence.
- Family friendly rosters and flexible working arrangements
- Access to an annual, complimentary, financial health check up
- Employees and their immediate family have access to professional and confidential counselling 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Discounts on additional options for health as well as general and personal insurance is offered through St Barbara’s HBF Corporate Health Plan for Australian employees
- Access to a free, yearly, flu vaccination
- Above all, you will be joining an award winning, inclusive team environment
Employee Value Proposition
Here is what St Barbara employees have said in anonymous engagement surveys that makes St Barbara a great place to work:
There is a genuine concern for employees’ welfare and wellbeing. Safety is paramount at St Barbara and the sites are clean and safe.
At St Barbara, you’re treated as an individual and people feel part of an extended family where success is celebrated.
Leaders advocate and value diversity.
There are opportunities to make a difference, with opinions respected and ideas listened to; high levels of trust and an environment where continuous improvement and innovation is encouraged.
Decision making is transparent and leaders are genuine, knowledgeable and approachable.
Teams are professional and respectful with strong collaboration and comradery between departments.