Build your brilliant future at Gwalia
St Barbara operates its Gwalia gold mine in partnership with Macmahon, and we’re always looking for talented people to join us. People who are ready to grow through opportunity and build a brilliant future for themselves and for our business.
The Gwalia underground mine at Leonora Operations is St Barbara’s cornerstone asset. Located three kilometres south of the town of Leonora, Western Australia, it continues to develop an ore body that has already produced four million ounces from open-cut and underground operations. As Australia’s deepest underground trucking mine, originally established in 1897 by Herbert Hoover (who later became the 31st President of the United States), it has a proud and rich history; it also holds the promise of a brilliant future.
As at 31 June 2021, Gwalia mine has 2.5 million ounces of gold in reserves and St Barbara’s Leonora Province Plan promises to keep building that brilliant future by developing the surrounding area to fill the mill with St Barbara mined ore.
Why join us?
- Belong to a team of people who care about each other and the work they do. Safety Always is the highest priority.
- Experience a town camp with good rosters, only three kilometres from Leonora township.
- Take flights on company time.
- Make the most of opportunities in a mid-size company where you can progress more easily.
- Work in Australia’s deepest trucking mine with a varied and interesting ore body.
- Be part of a team that values a diverse and inclusive workforce.
What are the opportunities?
- We’re always looking for talented people to come and work with us at either our Leonora Operations or in our Perth office.
- Check out our current vacancies here.
- Can’t see a role that’s right for you now? Head here to join our talent pool.
- Know someone else who should apply for a role or join our talent pool? You can refer them using the refer button on any of our vacancies.
- Our mining partner, Macmahon runs our underground operations so if you’re looking to head underground in an operational/production role head here.
- We’re partnering with St Barbara to help them build a brilliant future for their Leonora Operations. We have an existing partnership until 2026 and we need people to join our underground team to continue to deliver safe production.
- We’re looking to fill roles in underground operations at Gwalia mine such as: boilermakers, HD fitters, auto electricians, surface drillers, shot firers, blast crew team members, operational all-rounders, excavator operators, jumbo operators, charge up operators, underground supervisors, and underground drillers (raise drillers, longhole drillers, and cablebolt drillers).
- Check out current vacancies here.
- Can’t see a role that’s right for you now? Head here to join our talent community
- Know someone else who should apply for a role? You can refer them using the refer button on any of our vacancies.
- We’re filling underground operational roles only. If you are interested in another role at St Barbara’s Leonora Operations, or at their office in Perth, head here.
Have more questions?
Why are St Barbara and Macmahon advertising together?
In 2021 St Barbara and Macmahon entered a partnership until 2026 to deliver safe and reliable gold production at St Barbara’s Leonora Operations (specifically at the St Barbara Gwalia mine). We are working together to ensure we have brilliant people to help us build a brilliant future at Gwalia.
What roles are available at St Barbara?
St Barbara employs all non-underground roles at Leonora Operations and at their offices in Melbourne and Perth.
I’m an existing employee (of St Barbara or Macmahon). Will I get a referral bonus if I refer someone to work at either Macmahon or St Barbara?
Yes, you may be eligible. Subject to the conditions of the St Barbara or Macmahon referral schemes, if you refer someone and either business hires them, then you may receive a bonus. For specific questions please speak with your HR representative.