St Barbara believes in supporting the communities in which we operate through volunteering, in-kind support and sponsorship of groups, events, activities and initiatives.
St Barbara’s Atlantic Gold operation prides itself on providing prosperity and opportunity for families in rural Nova Scotia. Rural Nova Scotia is known for its sense of community and our staff always look for opportunities to be part of and build community spirit.
Sponsorship and community support initiatives in Nova Scotia include:
- Nova Scotia Keltics Women’s Rugby Team
- Donation towards purchase of an ultrasound machine for Musquodoboit Valley Health Foundation
- Musquodoboit Valley Food Bank
- Musquodoboit Valley Family Resource Centre (monthly kids movie)
- Camp Kidston (summer camp for children)
- Nova Scotia Mi’kmaw Summer Games
- St. Mary’s Fire Department Annual Golf Tournament
- Halifax County 135th Annual Exhibition
- Dalhousie University Engineering Team (Canadian Mining Games)
Community Newsletters and Special Bulletins
Atlantic Gold Operations publish regular Community Newsletters and Bulletins to keep stakeholders informed of activities on site and within the local community.
Community Liaison Committees
Atlantic Gold has created Community Liaison Committees (CLCs) for the Touquoy/Beaver Dam, Fifteen Mile Stream and Cochrane Hill projects. These committees serve as advisory boards for Atlantic Gold Operations by providing a representative cross-section of community opinions, concerns and suggestions on our operations.
To review minutes of previous CLC meetings, click on the links below: