Diversity matters to us
We are a diverse and inclusive employer. We welcome everyone and celebrate diversity in all its forms.
As an employer of choice, we lead the industry with our gender diversity initiatives. We’re the only Australian mining company to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA). We’re proud to have received this citation for nine years running. In 2020, we joined 418 global companies across 11 industries in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index. We were also an initial signatory to the WGEA Pay Equity Pledge and our Managing Director and CEO is a signatory on the Pay Equity Pledge.
Our recent diversity highlights
- Women in Australian workforce increased to 28%.
- Women in our PNG workforce now at 16% (achieving 3-year target).
- 33% of Directors are women1.
- Nil gender pay gap in ‘like-for-like’ roles2.
- WGEA Pay-Equity Ambassador Appointment – Craig Jetson, Managing Director & CEO.
- 2019 Mining Journal Awards (runner-up) ‘Gender Diversity Leader’.
- PNG Business Coalition for Women – maintaining active membership.
1. Compared to 26.8% nationally, WGEA Australia’s gender equality scorecard Nov 2019, www.wgea.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2018-19-Gender-Equality-Scorecard.pdf
2. Refer St Barbara Corporate Governance Statement for details, www.stbarbara.com.au/about_us/governance
3. Australian Workplace Gender Equality Agency, www.wgea.gov.au/