B. Mineral Technology Hons (Mining), GAICD, FAusIMM
Mr Vassie is a mining engineer with over 30 years’ international mining industry experience and has 18 years’ experience in a range of senior management roles with Rio Tinto, culminating in Global Practice Leader – Mining Technology and then Managing Director – Strategic Optimisation. Immediately prior to joining St Barbara he was MD and CEO of Ivanhoe Australia Ltd. He has particular experience in operations management, resource development strategy, mine planning, feasibility studies, business improvement, corporate restructuring and strategic procurement.
Appointed 1 July 2014.
Other current listed company directorships
- Alliance Mineral Assets Limited (appointed December 2018)
Former listed company directorships in last 3 years
- Tawana Resources NL (ceased December 2018 per scheme of arrangement with Alliance Mineral Assets Limited)
Other current relevant experience
- Director of Minerals Council of Australia
- Chair of MCA Gold Forum
- WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador
- Member of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) Council for Diversity and Inclusion