We’re an employer of choice with an award-winning culture.
At St Barbara, our values are so much more than words on a page. We live and breathe them. We: act with honesty and integrity; treat people with respect; value working together; deliver to promise; and strive to do better. Our focus on safety guides everything we do and we look out for one another. Doing the right thing is genuinely important to all of us.
We have a welcoming and inclusive culture. We welcome diversity in all its forms, because we know it leads to better outcomes, every time.
As an employer of choice, we lead the industry with our gender diversity initiatives. We’re the only Australian mining company to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA). We’re proud to have received this citation for seven years running. We were also an initial signatory to the WGEA Pay Equity Pledge.
Our recent diversity highlights
- Women in Australian workforce increased to 26%
- Women in our PNG workforce now at 16% (achieving 3-year target)
- 33% of Directors are women
- Nil gender pay gap in ‘like-for-like’ roles
- WGEA Pay-Equity Ambassador Appointment – Craig Jetson, Managing Director & CEO
- 2019 Mining Journal Awards (runner-up) ‘Gender Diversity Leader’
- PNG Business Coalition for Women – maintaining active membership